Friday, April 29, 2011

I Relaxed My Hair with Phytospecific Relaxer Index II

Phyto Phytorelaxer Index 2I know I haven't posted in awhile, because I've been extremely busy and alot has changed.

I've been terribly busy with my daughter and her school, taking care of my baby boy, writing songs and spending time with family, etc.

Most day's I don't feel well so when it was time for me to do my hair it was becoming really tedious and stressful detangling my hair.

I did alot of research on the Phytospecific Relaxer and finally decided to purchase it and relax my hair, so far so good.  The reason I purchased it was because it was the one relaxer that had the most organic ingredients, didn't take all the texture out your hair and keeps your hair healthy.  I checked all the ingredients by researching them online using Wikipedia and most of the ingredients had fragrance concerns.  Some of the ingredient's are caustic because it straighten's, chemically changes your hair and breaks down the bonds.  I was concern about how relaxers where said to penetrate through to your scalp, but realized after thorough research that wasn't true because the scalp is a hard protective layer protecting the brain.  Now if you apply the perm directly in your scalp and massaging it in, then over time I believe from my research and personal opinion that some of the chemicals can be absorbed through the skin.

I'm no longer afraid of relaxing my  hair, but if I was going to it had to be as natural as possible, maintain some of my texture and help to relieve some of the stress of detangling my hair for hours, and having numerous knots.

Here is a picture of how my hair looked around the time before I relaxed it.  This hair was achieved by flat ironing hair on 250 degrees, then applying afro detangler and braiding it in sections, then I did a braid out to achieve the look below.


This is how my hair looked after I relaxed it, blow dried it and flat ironed it.






This is how my hair looks air dryed now that it's relaxed before I flat iron it.


I'll talk to you about my experience with using the relaxer in some more blog posts.


A Little bit Natural Joyanne



2 comments:

  1. omg your hair is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like it before you flat iron it more! It's soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com