Friday, October 14, 2011

Texlaxed to Relaxed




So I did it I took my texlaxed hair and completely relaxed it all over to make it more straight all in the hopes that on wash day's I would have less hair loss and tangles at the roots.  It was either this, continue to battle the shedding and hair loss on wash day's or cut it. 

Just want to post a few pictures and show my results, it's to soon to tell how wash day's will be, but after relaxing it I didn't have that much hair loss.

MY RESULTS







HOW I RELAXED MY HAIR

1)  First thing I did was prepare my hair for the relaxer 3 days before.  I washed my hair with the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and treated it with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream along with the ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner Professional bottle.

2) I gathered all the materials I would need, the relaxer, combs, towels, timer, cape and clip.



3) When I was ready to relax I based my scalp with Vaseline.



4) I read all the instructions before I proceeded.

5) I mixed 2 jars of  relaxer completely and sectioned my hair in 4.

6) I did a strand test on a shedded hair, waiting for the max time rinse relaxer of and checked the hair.  It appeared strong and straight.

6) I decided it was ok to apply to my hair after doing the strand test.  I applied the relaxer starting at the back, but I was suppose to start at the front, I decided to quickly apply all over my hair starting from the roots all the way to ends, not putting to much on the ends.  I did my best to stay in the time frame but that is never possible for me and went over by 10 minutes.  I also tried to smooth all of my hair but the right is not as smooth as the left in the roots.  So next time I relax I will start on the right.  I applied more relaxer to the ends last and to the hair line.

7)  I rinsed out the relaxer immediately after smoothing and did not let is sit on my hair any longer.

8)  Then I washed my hair with the Creamy Aloe Shampoo provided following the instructions, wash hair rinse, repeat and leave on for 2-3 mins.  Then rinse of.  I don't like how this doesn't have the shampoo that turns from pink to white, will have to consider if to get one of those shampoo's that does that.  But I decided to follow the instructions and do what it said.

4)  Then I applied the Replenishing Conditioner Professional bottle that I already have instead of the regular one they provided, left on for about 10 minutes while I started cleaning up and then went under the dryer for about 15 minutes and then rinsed of.

5)  I combed my hair out  with Kinky Curly Knot Today and didn't have crazy shedding or breakage which is always a plus and it felt nice, it was really late when I did all this so I put it in a bun and went to sleep.

7)  The next day I applied the Kinky Curly Knot to day, water and oil to seal and rollerset my hair.  It came out nice, but my hair was dry and stick together.  That might have been due to the fact that I didn't comb through the hair from the roots.  So I used the ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion that I have in a bottle, sealed it with my shea butter and coconut mixture and took my time and comb it through in small sections, that's why my hair looks weighed down in the pictures.  There was very little shedding and breakage, but on none wash day's that's never a issue.  The ORS Moisturizer sure did moisturize it and it wasn't as tangle.  I put 5 pin curls in it wrap it with my satin scarf and went to bed.

8)  So I started Wednesday night and the pictures of my hair is Friday.

A relaxer is harsh on the hair and so is shampoo on my hair.  I'm hoping when I wash again with Hair One Olive Oil Cleasning Conditioner it will return to normal.  I just want healthy tangle free hair.  Length and body is always a plus.

Natural Joyanne



4 comments:

  1. Hello I just came across this posting. You went through what I am going through now. I have texlaxed/under processed hair by accident. I did not mean or want to have texlaxed hair but since I wasnt applying enough product or leaving it on long enough, it became under processed. I tried to relax my texlaxed hair with no-lye and it had NO affect. Again, I dont think I put enough product because I was scared. I am planning to relax ONE more time. If it doesnt work this time, im stopping because i do not want to damage it. I am going to use a lye relaxer on my texlaxed hair because thats what i see everyone doing. I hope my results come out as good as yours! Im tired of these two textures in my head and im tired of my hair not growing because of the breakage. How is your hair holding up? Do you regret doing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, im no longer relaxed, i'm still writing a page on how to care for relaxed hair. my results with the no-lye ors relaxer was find, i stopped doing my own hair, because of back pain. i've used the ors lye relaxer on different people hair and i like that, however if you have a sensitive scalp it burns really bad. i didn't mind having texlaxed hair, but realized that because my hair was so thick and full that haven't it straighter it would be easier to manage. One day i just got tired of doing my hair, theres more to life, so I cut it all of and let it go natural, so i wore wigs for awhile. Know i just wear weaves and let someone who i trust do my hair. Good luck on your journey. I haven't had time to update anything because I got really busy with work.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Event coming soon !!!! Merry Christmas !!! Did you want to decorate your house? We are here to offer you the best christmas projector light review. Click here right now to find out Best Outdoor Projector Lights For Christmas Decoration to buy

    ReplyDelete

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com