Monday, June 11, 2012

Eat Healthy For Your Body And Hair




So when I decided that I wanted to start eating healthy bake chicken became a staple in my diet.  Now I'm already small, but I've been able to maintain that weight by eating healthy and not eating in excess.

THE FRIST MENU OPTION (Bake Teriyaki Chicken)

So I decided I wanted baked chicken, but I added a little bit of teriyaki sauce to add flavor for the kids.  If your just starting out eating healthy, you can remove the skin of the chicken.  You don't have to eat any of the oil that came out of the chicken while it was baking and don't add any sauces.  I usually use salt, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper and thyme as my seasonings of choice.  You may want to measure your salt intake, I cook free hand by sprinkling the salt over my food.  Now this comes with years of practice, plus it's working out ok for me, because I don't have high blood pressure.


SECOND MENU OPTION (Kidney Bean & Rice)

One of our Bahamian recipes is Peas n'Rice, but some people add different beans and seasonings to make it their own special recipe.  So I've perfected my recipe and like what I've come up with.  Now I occasionally cook this rice, you can just cook plain white rice.  Or add a salad instead.  The rice has brown flavoring, tomato paste, onions, olive oil, gluten free rice, kidney beans and seasonings.  When I cook this rice it doesn't last very long.  If your on a diet, you can watch your portions, just take up small portions of your food.  It's best to start of eating the vegetable first, then move on to the meat.  You may find that you become full from the vegetables.  Also chew your food up properly and slow.  Take time to look at your food, smell it and enjoy it instead of eating it to quickly.


THIRD MENU OPTION (Zucchini, Carrots, Red and Yellow Pepper Vegetable Mix)

So I'm really enjoying Zucchini, this is my first time really cooking it this much.  I've had it before in restaurants and purchased it before to try.  I like it enough now to buy it on the regular.  If you don't like vegetables that much, you should start of with one at a time.  Try it raw and then cook it different ways to see how you like it best.  Over time you will find that you just may like it, then move on to the next.  Different vegetables I've tried and cook sometimes broccoli, eggplant, sweet potato, zucchini, pumpkin, cauliflower, green beans, and sweet peas.



I hope you become inspired to eat healthy, it's been a long journey for me, but anything good or worth doing takes time.


Natural Joyanne


Disclaimer:  I am not a health professional, I'm just sharing with you want my diet usually consist of.  You should consult with a professional dietician or watch your intake based on your age, height and if you have any diseases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com