Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting Started Writing Songs

Let's take a break from hair and stuff and really get to know me.

I am a stay-at-home mom, tough job you bet.  What I'm most glad about being home is spending more time with my husband and family, but they do drive me crazy.

I had to find something to do at home and it had to be something that I love.  So April 2008 is when I first started writing songs, it's been a slow process, because I don't know anything about writing songs.  So I started with just my raw talent, writing down what came to me.

The next thing I learned to do was to study how other songs that were already popular was formatted or written.  What type of words they used, how many verses, and so on.

Then I realized that writing this creative stuff down in my green and white notebook was cool and all, but why not go hi-tech and get a simple recorder.  And that's when I bought a olympus VN-4100pc recorder, this thing saved my life.  When you have a 4 year old and a baby on the way you don't have time to write things down.

After I collected enough ideas on my recorder that's when I started turning them into song material.  All the while I was doing research about making it as a songwriter. Listen there is information out there, but this isn't a easy business to get into.  Nonetheless I've got drive and the belief that I love what I'm doing and I'm going to make it happen.

I didn't even know how to copyright my songs, and when I first visited the copyright site online that same like something foreign that would take years to understand.  When I was finally ready to copyright my proofread, checked a million times and over 32 songs in total I did it.  I copyrighted the songs in April 25, 2010 and didn't get my certificate back until October, 2010.  Yeah it takes a long time.

This journey of writing songs is not over yet, it has just begun, I don't know if my music will ever get heard.

I've purchased a few beats to go with my songs and know what beats and melody I want for the rest.  Now I have to go to studio, get someone to sing them for me and start selling.  The selling part is the hardest though, that's why I'm going to use the services of TAXI.  Taxi is a company that you pay a membership fee to, they let you know what people in the music industry are looking for and you send them your demo.  Boy I can't even get into the part about the business of music, but at least I know that copyrighting my material is super important and I need a lawyer.

I guess the rest is up to me working hard at writing songs.

Natural Joyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com