Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blow Drying 4a Hair

I tried to blow dry my hair before by just doing a small section in the back and didn't like how dry my hair got and the breakage.  So I never did it after that, but I decided to give it another go and it worked great this time. 

Your asking what I did.

1)  The blow dryer I used was the Remi Edition Professional 1875 Watt Styler Dryer which I purchased at my local beauty supply store for $20.00.  Similar Dryer below:

Infiniti by Conair SD8 Tourmaline Ceramic Styler, Black
Infiniti by Conair SD8 Tourmaline Ceramic Styler Black

2)  I started with small sections which already had moisture in it from using Butters-n-Bars Black Soap Shea Butter and Honey Shampoo.

3) I made sure that I used the dryer on low heat, I applied Fantasia Ic Heat Protector to section and my shea butter mixture applying extra on the ends.  I made sure my hair was detangled using a hair pick this time instead of my detangling comb.

4) I made sure I used the teeth attachment with the largest combs and worked the dryer comb from the ends to the roots, slowly and gently.  When I was satisfied that my hair was stretched enough, then I put the dryer on high heat just to dry it completely.

It took me 2 hours to blow dry my hair, but it was less time flat ironing about 45mins.  Usually it takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to flat iron my hair after it drys in the twists.  The benefit of strengthening my hair is when it is time to trim or wash the next time I won't have to spend 2 to 3 hours to detangle.  If I twisted my hair I would spend 1 hour to twist it, then to detangle it when it was time to wash it would take me 2 to 3 hours to detangle.

See my finished look below.  To achieve the curl I pin curled my hair at night with bobby pins, took the pins out in the morning and sectioned curls with my fingers.





At the end of the day my hair frizzed up more, but this hairstyle lasted for 6 hours.

I pinned my hair up again at night to see if it would control the frizz, see end results:








My hair had more frizz, I was hoping I would be able to stretch this style to another day, because I'm going away but that ain't happening.  So I twisted my hair and pinned it in my usual lovely style.

I noticed that my hair is very strong and less breakage, even after blow drying and flat ironing.  I washed my scalp as thouroghly as I could, but my hair still wasn't as clean as it needs to be.  I may have to wash my hair out, in order to get it properly clean.  I'm dreading that.

Natural Joyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com