Monday, August 15, 2011

Texlaxed Regimen

I'm trying to keep my routine simple and learning along the way, with my new help book The Science of Black Hair I think I'm on my way.  The most difficult for me is having to wash my scalp and hair now every week when I use to do every two weeks when I first relaxed.  But now I know my scalp really needs it, and getting a fresh start and the moisture is so important for my hair.  I still have some ways to go learning my protein and moisture needs.  But knowing all that my washed only every two weeks, flat ironed with silicone hair was pretty good, except for the dryed and splits ends that concerned me the most.  I hope to see some improvements with my changes.


Simple Routine/In Progress




*Step 1 Shampoo every 7 days on Saturday (Hair One Cleansing Conditioner Olive Oil for dry Hair)
*or Clarify every 4 to 6 weeks on Saturday (ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo)
*Step 2 Protein Treatment (Light) on wash day leave on for 30 mins under hair dryer (ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner), then rinse.  If your hair is in good condition than you will only need to use a light protein treatment, if is severely damaged then you will need a more intense hair treatment and several hair trims.
*Step 3 Moisturizing Deep-Conditioner on wash day (Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner) NOTE: If you do a protein treatment this must always follow it restores your hairs moisture levels.  The protein treatment strengthens and the conditioner moisturizes.
* Step 4 Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse on wash day after moisturizing deep conditioner to seal cuticles, clarify the hair and scalp mix equals parts of distilled water with apple cider vinegar in a applicator bottle and apply from the applicator bottle or use in a spray bottle (Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar when available)
*Step 5 Moisturizing Leave In and Detangling section hair into  mall to medium size sections with wide detangling comb on semi dry hair, hair is at it's most fragile point when it is wet, so detangle semi-dry if you need some of the water moisture to help you detangle, you can use (Kinky Curly Knot Today)
*Step 6 Seal after applying Moisturizing Leave in and Detangling hair apply oil to each section of hair and scalp (Coconut Oil)
*Step 7 Style apply magnetic rollers, remist ends if needed and comb through if needed, tie hair in net, air dry.  If you have a lot of hair then your hair won't dry without air or heat from a hooded dryer.  You can sit or sleep near a fan overnight if needed.  Or go under a hooded dryer which is the preferred and quickest method.  Or blow dry and flat iron your hair, or just put it in a protective style like a braid-out.
*Step 8 Trim/Cut After your hair has dried you can trim your ends by pulling your hair down in the front of you for the hair furthest in the back and lifting your hair up in the air for the hair in the middle and in different angles for different areas of your head.  It takes practice to trim your own hair at home, go to a professional to trim or cut your hair.  If your hair is damaged or uneven then the professional would be able to correct it.
*Step 8 Everyday apply moisturizer and oil every day morning or night or when needed, pin curl or wrap it in a bun and protect it when your not wearing it out.  Or just apply a few drops of oil to your hair daily if you will be wearing it straight.

Thats it for now.



      














Natural Joyanne





No comments:

Post a Comment

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com