Monday, February 13, 2012

Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo Review 4a Hair




Intro

I didn't know or understand that you had to clarify your hair.  I was using a shampoo that had African Black Soap and Shea Butter in it among other ingredients.  Over time although my hair was staying soft, my scalp and hair started getting building up.  Perhaps because I didn't wash my scalp and hair enough or because I wasn't clarifying.


What Is Clarifying? 

Clarifying is when you wash your hair with a shampoo that lifts away all product from your hair and scalp.  You only need to clarify when you feel your hair needs it or once a month to every two months.  It all depends on what type of products you use on your hair.  If your products are light you don't have to clarify as often, heavy products such as butters like Shea Butter you may need to clarify more often.  Once all the products that might have been building up on your hair shaft for some time is cleansed away properly.  Then your other products will be able to enter the hair shaft better.  To clarify the hair you have to use a special clarifying shampoo or any type of shampoo that cleanses the hair properly.  You may have a favorite shampoo that just isn't doing it right or you may like to co-wash.  Co-Wash is when you only use conditioner to cleanse your hair and scalp.  So over time your scalp may have buildup or you will notice that your hair is weighed down or your curls don't curl the seem or don't have any bounce or movement.  That may mean it is time to clarify.  I decided to get a shampoo that does just that clarify.

Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo Ingredients 

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Lauramide DEA, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Peg-10 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino, Lactic Acid Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Chloride, Caramel



My Review


I give this product 3 STARS.


My Likes


It works really great on my daughters hair which is type 3 hair
It didn't tangle her hair
It worked great on a remi hair wig I had


My Dislikes

It didn't do anything for my hair
It never seemed to sud on my hair
It didn't clean my hair or scalp
Pricey

Overall

I would have to give this product no stars for my hair, but I gave it 3 stars because I was still able to use it.  I've had this product since last year maybe even going back to January.  I tried it on my natural hair at least 2 times.  Then when I became texlaxed I tried it and it still didn't do anything.  I'm not saying because it didn't sud, it didn't work.  It just didn't remove the product buildup from my hair or scalp, because I could still feel and see it was there.  However when ever I want to clarify my daughters hair it works fine.  I don't like wasting products, so every now and then I use it on her hair to use it all up.

Natural Joyanne








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share the article.
    Thank you so much.
    https://www.hubnames.com/health-beauty/best-clarifying-shampoo/

    ReplyDelete

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com