Monday, November 8, 2010

How I Straighten My Natural 4a Hair With The Sedu Flat Iron

Video How I Straighten My Natural 4a Hair With The Sedu Flat Iron



Written Iinstructions How I Straighten My Natural 4a Hair With The Sedu Flat Iron

You will need
Detangling Comb
Soft Boar Brush
Rat Tail Comb
Long Hair Clips
Sedu 1" Flat Iron
Fantasia Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum 6 oz.

*Read the instructions that came with your Sedu Flat Iron, it provides you with temperature settings that are best for your hair type.  You will need to test out the temperatures to see what your hair can tolerate.  I use to have the flat iron to the max, but now i use it at 350 degrees, because I get the same results.  Once you've chosen the temperature it will heat up in under 10 seconds or less.

*Unbraid one section of your hair, apply Heat Protector to that section all over.  By applying to the one big section, you won't have to continue applying as you straighten each small individual section, this slows me down.

*Take small individual sections, and detangle, you can use the rat tail comb if it doesn't pull your hair out.  I use the Soft Boar Brush and run it from the top to the bottom of the hair a few times very gently.  Then I detangle using the detangling comb.

*Now take the Sedu Flat Iron and run it from the top to the bottom of your hair slowly, you will only have to go through once.

*Once you've straighten that section you can leave it out, apply rollers, braid it back, or twist it in the desired size, etc.

When I straighten my hair it doesn't get completely straight, but it is soft and manageable.  It also lasts me 1 month, the only problem I have is flaky scalp.  I only straighten my hair 3 to 4 months out of the year.  Mostly I'll do 2 months back to back, and give my hair a trim.

After about 5-7 days I detangle it from the ends working up to the roots with my shea butter and coconut oil mixture.  I also apply hair oil to the hair and scalp.

Natural Joyanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.naturaljoyanne.blogspot.com